It will take 10 weeks to complete the program and you’ll workout 5 days a week, with one day of rest and one day to stretch. I decided to do a full review of T25 and breakdown if the workouts and nutrition plan really works!
Who Is Focus T25 Designed for?
- This program is for men and women who have an intermediate to advanced level of fitness
- People who enjoy an athletic style workout without complicated choreography
- Other workout programs have tricky moves and choreographed routines you need to learn. This program relies on simple athletic moves that are fast-paced, intense and easy to follow
- Men and women who lead BUSY lives! Let’s be honest, who doesn’t?
- If you have a full-time job or are taking care of a family, you likely don’t have time to spend a few hours going to and working out at the gym.
- Focus T25 guarantees results in under 5 weeks per phase by dedicating only 25 minutes a day to working out.
- You will burn a lot of calories even in such a short workout because the workouts are fast-paced and intense!
My Personal T25 Review
Okay, so on Day 1 I grabbed my FitBit Charge Hr 2 ready to record my stats and do the first 25 minute workout of the Alpha Cycle. The first workout is 25 minutes long (before the cool down) and is called “Cardio”
It delivered exactly what I thought it would. I was DRENCHED in sweat afterwards and my heart was in peak mode nearly the entire time. I am at a high level of fitness and endurance and this workout kicked my butt!
Shaun T gets STRAIGHT into the moves from the start with no boring and long warm-up. He still will get your body warm with lower-intensity cardio moves before they ramp it up. By the end of the 25 minutes, you’ll be covered in sweat and begging for that cool down.
I have done plenty of workout videos that were 45-60 minutes long and were such a drudgery. Getting a powerful workout in that is effective is such a short amount of time is a huge perk. It saves you tons of time and is less intimidating than popping in an hour long DVD. That was my first opinon of the series, so now I want to give you an overall view of the entire program!
The Alpha Phase – 5 Weeks (Level One)
In the first 5 weeks of the program, you’ll do 5 workouts a week. On Friday, you’ll do two workouts before your two days of rest/stretching. Each workout is different and will target the entire body or different body parts on specific days. You’ll have one day of rest per week and one day to focus on stretching out your body. Don’t workout 7 days a week or your body won’t have time to recover. Stretching is also important to help increase your flexibility and make sure you won’t get sore after each workout. Especially when doing lunges or squats which can lead your muscles to feel really tight.
The Alpha Workouts:
- This workout is a total body cardio routine. You’ll do a variety of athletic exercises involving jumping jacks, mountain climbers, skipping, hop squats and more. Each move is short and sweet before moving to the next. After the routine finishes, you’ll move into a cool down for 2 minutes.
- Speed 1.0
- Total Body Circuit
- Ab Intervals
- Lower Focus
After finishing the Alpha Phase of T25, you will definitely have lost some inches and pounds. Remember to take your before and after measurements at the end of this cycle. After your rest day, you are ready to start the Beta Phase!
The Beta Phase – 5 Weeks (Level Two)
Level Two continues with tough all body workouts but they are more advanced than the Alpha workouts. You’ll still focus on the core, upper and lower body and high intensity cardio workouts. But because it is higher intensity and faster-paced, you’ll burn more calories in the same amount of time. Don’t skip to this phase until you have finished the full 5 weeks of Alpha!
- Core Cardio
- Speed 2.0
- Rip’T Circuit
- Dynamic Core
- Upper Focus
Do I Need Any Special Workout Equipment?
That’s the joy of this program – you use your own body weight to help you burn calories. However, I do recommend a yoga mat for some of the exercises that work your core. Or also if you are prone to slipping and sliding on wood or tile flooring, a yoga mat can be great to run or jog on. It can also help decrease any joint pain from landing on a hard floor if you suffer from knee problems.
Focus T25 Eating Plan and Nutrition Guide
So everyone knows that the most important component of weight loss is what you’re putting in your mouth. If you don’t believe that, you should. You could do 5 workouts a day, but if you are stuffing yourself with chocolate bars and deep fried food on a daily basis, you will NOT lose weight. You need the right fuel to stay healthy and energized. And you need to make sure that you are burning MORE calories on a daily basis than you are consuming to lose weight!
Included in your T25 package is a full nutrition guide. However, it isn’t that great. It basically tells you that you need to calorie count – which is true. But counting each item of food can be exhausting and annoying. I have a solution for that which I’ll discuss shortly.
The premise of the eating plan is to eat smaller meals instead of 3 big ones. Eat 5 small meals a day to keep your body energized and fueled throughout the day.
The program contains the following formula to determine how many calories you need each day:
The 4 Step Calorie Quiz
- Are you male or female?
- If you’re a female, add 1 point
- If you’re a male, add 2 points
- How much do you weigh?
- If you weigh less than 130 pounds, add 1 point
- If you weigh more than 130 pounds, add 2 points
- How active are you? (Aside from your Focus T25 workouts)
- If you live a sedentary lifestyle, add 1 point
- If you are moderately or highly active, add 2 points
- Add your points together
- If you scored 3 points, you’ll be eating around 1200-1500 calories per day
- If you scored 4 or more points, you’ll be eating 1600-1800 calories per day
Now I recommend using this formula to determine how many calories you should eat per day. But rather than calorie count every spoonful of peanut butter or ketchup you use, there is a better solution. By using the portion control containers that are popular in other Beachbody programs like Country Heat, the 21 Day Fix and Cize – you can avoid calorie counting altogether. You simply invest in some portion control containers and use the tally sheets I have on my Etsy shop to tick off how many containers you eat each day.
This is optional but makes following any workout program a total breeze.
What Results Can I Expect Using T25?
Your results will be determined by how much effort you pour into the program. If you do 2-3 workouts a week and don’t monitor your calorie intake, you’re not going to do so hot. You might maintain your current weight but you won’t lose weight.
If you workout 5 times a week and follow the nutrition plan using the color containers, you WILL have success. Make sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day to stay hydrated
What’s Included in my Focus T25 Package?
There are two different packages you can get. The first one is the basic kit which has everything you need to get started with the Alpha and Beta phases. The second kid is the deluxe version which contains several extra workouts and equipment.
The T25 Base Kit Contains the Following:
- 11 workouts (25 minutes long each) on 9 DVDs
- Quick-Start and Nutrition Guide
- ALPHA & BETA 5 week workout calendars
- 5 Day “Fast Track” Guide
- Resistance Band (Simulating 15 pounds of resistance)
The T25 Deluxe Kit Contains:
In the Deluxe Kit, you’ll get all the contents above in the base kit plus several extra bonuses including an extra Phase called GAMMA and some useful equipment.
- T25 GAMMA workouts (4 extra advanced workouts)
- Beachbody Mini workout mat
- 2 Extra Resistance Bands (Simulating 20 and 25 pounds of resistance)
- Pure Strength Hybrid Workout Calendar
You get the complete kit by going with the Deluxe version, but either way you can get get fantastic results with the Base Program.
Overall Summary of T25:
In a nutshell, this is one of the most effective, comprehensive and time saving workout programs on the market. It might not be as fun as Cize but it is guaranteed to get you sweating bullets in just 25 minutes. It’s practical and doable. I know a lot of men who scoff at workout videos but have changed their tune after trying out this workout. My husband couldn’t keep up with me (and then I was scoffing, haha!). Overall, Focus T25 is an excellent investment for your health. You won’t be disappointed! I hope my T25 review has helped you determine whether or not you’d like this program and it could help you lose weight!